“We are a growing business with locations across Central London and the UK. Our ambition is to provide a quality coffee experience to more people every day, not just in the UK but in due course in other parts of the world.”
DOCASA, Inc. President & CEO, Ashley Lopez
DOCASA, Inc. is a company focused on investment in the rapidly growing specialty coffee market, principally in the United Kingdom. Our subsidiary, Department of Coffee and Social Affairs, headquartered in London, England, is a fast growing, award-winning and market-leading UK specialty coffee shop and online retail business.
Serving specialty coffee requires access to high grade Arabica coffee beans, skilled roasters, talented baristas and a sourcing chain that extends from the farm and workers, to picking and packaging, screening and grading, brokerage, shipping, roasting and – finally – coffee making. By working closely with our suppliers, Department of Coffee and Social Affairs is able to bring some of the best coffees in the world to our customers, including some that are only available from us.
Department of Coffee and Social Affairs served its first coffee in December 2010 and has since opened numerous coffee shops across the UK as part of it roll out strategy to become a nationwide specialty coffee company.
Department of Coffee and Social Affairs – right on trend:
- First specialty coffee shop opened on Leather Lane, London in 2010 – our UK National rollout is now in full swing
- We operate in destination sites across London and the UK – no two shops look alike
- Early provider of internal workplace specialty coffee shops – our outlets are now available to 1,400 staff and visitors every working day
- Pioneer of recyclable Nespresso machine-compatible specialty coffee pods – ideal for our world class single-origin coffees
- Industry-recognised pioneers of 5th Wave Coffee – delivering specialty coffee and coffee concepts at scale without compromising on quality
What others are saying about Department of Coffee and Social Affairs
Voted Harden’s “Top Coffee Shop in London” 2016
It would be tempting to say that London has a surplus of coffee houses, but that just makes those brands that stand out all the more striking. The Department of Coffee and Social Affairs succeeded in impressing the reporters in our survey – which is no mean task! – with its focus on excellent brews, but also the wit with which it delivers them.
Harden’s Co-Founder, Peter Harden
“Department of Coffee and Social Affairs is clearly a labour of love”
“The only name you need to know for knockout coffee.”
“Dedicated to a big variety of proper coffees”
“They add a real flavour and quality to what will be the UK’s most exciting new food and drink destination”
BOXPARK Pop-Up Mall
Visit DEPARTMENT OF COFFEE AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS WEBSITE for coffee, locations, merchandize, Apps, Social Affairs and more.